Friday, December 19, 2008

Pizza and a Beer



Picture from: www.freewilliamsburg.com

So New York is known for a number of things but value for food and drink is not one of them--especially not if you moved up here from cheap ass Florida (am I right?). Every once in a while, though, you stumble across a bargain that makes you do a double take. One of my first and still one of the best as far I'm concerned is the free pizza with a beer deal they have at Alligator Lounge and the Charlton. Last night I only had 5 dollars on me and there was no free ATM conveniently on the way to the Stoop (my bank started charginging!). This was a major problem because not only did I want to eat something but I wanted to drink beer too. Happily, when I got out of the subway I saw that martini drinking crustacean on the overhang beckoning. I prefer the Charleston to the Alligator Lounge not only because I find their aquatic mascot to be a bit more refined but the crust is typically a little crisper, at least on the outter edge. It is, of course, not the best pizza around but when it comes free with your beer whose complaining?

5 comments:

eLs said...

I FORGOT ABOUT ALLIGATOR LOUNGE FREE PIZZA. So amazing.

Excellent shout-out, MWR. Way to post (twice) about the importance of beverages. I applaud you.

CaseyMustPie said...

TRUE. and labels!

CaseyMustPie said...

TRUE. and labels!

mwr said...

Oh you have no idea. Beverages are my life

k said...

alligator/charleston pizza makes me need to throw up.