Friday, December 12, 2008

For the love of Asparagus

Let's just take a minute to talk about asparagus. While some might think it feels like a flacid penis, it is basically a delicious side to any meal, or just a healthy snack! It is high in folic acid, among other things, and apparently helps relieve menstrual cramps. True story.

Here is a quick little recipe for a nice asparagus dipping sauce (I keep it in my cell phone because you never know):

1 tb Dijon mustard
4 tb red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
.5 tsp salt
.5 tsp pepper
.5 cup olive oil

Toss it all together, and whisk away. Steam the A for 5-10 minutes and it's ready for dippage. The sauce stores pretty well in the fridge for a couple days too, as long as you stir it up before serving it.


4 comments:

eLs said...

I'm so glad to know someone who keeps recipes in their phone. Kudos, C.

mwr said...

This makes me miss thanksgiving so much.

eLs said...

I MIGHT MAKE THIS. I bought asparagus on a whim yesterday and my thoughts immediately jumped to SPF.

CaseyMustPie said...

awww!