Monday, December 15, 2008

Adequate is not adequate

Okay guys, first snarky post. I am sitting in "T Salon" in Chelsea Market because they sell caffeine and have a plug for my computer (They have really good tea, but the overall vibe creeps me out), and I just had a bagel at Freidman's Delicastessen with cream cheese, onion, tomato, and lox. Now, maybe I'm too quick to judge. It wasn't the worst bagel I've ever had, and someone had ordered a pastrami sandwich that made me wish I ate pastrami. Maybe this place is good, but this was an entirely un-noteworthy bagel experience. 'Everything' there really means poppy seed, it didn't seem particularly fresh, it was NOT adequately toasted, and although the lox were good, the entire experience left me wholly unsatisfied. It's not that I can say anything was particularly bad about the bagel, just that, when I could have gone to Murry's or MetBag and been forced to wish I ate more bagels, why on earth did I go here and get this total blah?

Thanks for reading my venting!

3 comments:

eLs said...

That sounds really awful! I'm sorry you had to go through that alone.

k said...

i'm sorry mwr. i want metbag nowwwwwwwwwwww.

CaseyMustPie said...

oh this makes me sad.