Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Cookies Light Up My Life

Christmas cookies + Bailey's and coffee (thanks, A!) + Daria + Fries from Neptune Diner + Will & Grace + Wine + Good friends = BOUNDLESS HOLIDAY CHEER

Below are photos of my Pecan Butter Balls (taken with the world's oldest, most disgusting digital camera), the all-time best Christmas cookies EVER:


My friend L's Peanut Butter Blossoms, also amazing:


Oh, and since the holidays are a time for sharing and caring...

PECAN BUTTER BALLS

Ingredients:

-2 cups sifted flour
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 cup butter
-2 tsp. vanilla
-2 cups chopped pecans

Instructions:

1. Sift flour, sugar, and salt together. Work in butter and vanilla. (NOTE: I usually cut in a cup or a cup and a half of soft butter, then add the vanilla, then melt the remaining butter and add it for better consistency).

2. Add pecans, mix thoroughly.

3. Press mixture into small balls (you can fit more on the sheet this way, which is pretty exciting considering the long cooking time).

4. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Dip in powdered sugar while still hot.

Makes about 30 cookies.


Don't even get me started on the MMMM rating here...when it comes to baked goods, you know I'm good for it. Keep an eye out for the Butterjams that may make an appearance at Winter Fest...

5 comments:

CaseyMustPie said...

BUTTER BALLS

eLs said...

BUTTER BALLS. And they say you are what you eat...should I be worried about that?

Also, I had no idea the term "butter mint" existed until the other day. Am I alone on this?

CaseyMustPie said...

as in: for the butterment of all mankind.

k said...

wtf is a butterjam?

eLs said...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Jam-Filled-Butter-Cookies/Detail.aspx

How do people feel about these? I luff them.

I might also make caramels...homemade top-secret family recipe, that one is. Allegedly, anyway.