Thursday, February 19, 2009

Casserollin

Oh casserole. Who doesn't like casserole. I loved my mom's squash casserole before I even liked squash. Now that I officially love squash, I figured it was time for another go. I started by trying to follow this recipe, but it quickly morphed into not really that at all (although it does look great!).

I sliced 4 yellow squash, 2 green squash, and 1 yellow onion and sauteed it all until it looked like that. Then chopped & boiled a head of cauliflower, for fiber's sake, and broke up about a sleeve and half of ritz crackers.After mixing the squash medley and cauliflower in a casserole dish, I added a can of potato, broccoli, & cheese soup and stirred it all together while sprinkling on the crumbs (saving enough at the end for a copious crumb topping).

It went in the oven, at 350 degrees, for about 20 minutes; then out came a gooey glob of casserole delight.

Naturally, I still miss my mom's dish and wouldn't mind giving her recipe try. Or maybe I'll just go home and do crossword puzzles at the kitchen counter while she makes it for me.

6 comments:

eLs said...

Ritz cracker sleeve.

eLs said...

And a half.

nrg said...

copious crumb topping! nice alliteration

CaseyMustPie said...

copious crumb crown.

k said...

casey can i have some? where are you? i'm bored

CaseyMustPie said...

i just went to eat the leftovers and they are all gone. why does this keep happening to meeee