Monday, February 16, 2009

The Monday Surprise

Good lord guys. I just ate something that I might have enjoyed as much as mwr did his little bugs of mouth joy. j improvised this totally kick-ass sandwich, to be now and forever known as The Monday Surprise.


Okay so I fried the eggs sunny-side up, which I've never actually done before but somehow didn't screw up entirely. We put them on lightly toasted semolina bread with pepper jack cheese, arugula, and Ukrainian ham. The spicy zest of the cheese atop the smoky-sweet flavor of the ham complemented the arugula's bitterness perfectly. And then, hey whats up gelatinous egg explosion! Where have you been all my life?

7 comments:

mwr said...

congrats on the first fry. Uncooked yolk can be a wonderful thing sometimes!

CaseyMustPie said...

i broke one in the pan :(

eLs said...

This sounds yummy...I wish the pictures would loaddddd :-(

k said...

:(

eLs said...

THE PHOTO HAS LOADED NOW AND OMG I REALLY WANT THIS.

All my comments seem to be in caps today. Maybe I'm really hungry.

CaseyMustPie said...

yeah i really enjoy how the picture captures the dripping of the egg. I wish it captured how the sandwich was larger than my face.

k said...

i just realized that this is a joke