Friday, February 6, 2009

Lunchtacular

Good news, all! I've found a new convenient, affordable, and delicious lunch option. Cafe Medina is a humble little spot on 17th btw 5th and 6th ave that is sure to become a fixture in my lunch repertiore.

I was tantalizingly close to making it a ginormous-cupcake-for-lunch day (and thereby setting a dangerous precedent) when I heard the magical words "sweet potato bisque" float across the room. I followed up, and after rave reviews from some coworkers decided that the cupcake could wait until dinner.

I got the SPB, because occasionally we have to live up to our name here. I'm eating it right now and it is perfect. However, don't be fooled by the fact that I didn't dine in. Medina is set up deli-style, so you don't feel like a sad person eating there alone. I would like to take a certain lunch buddy there with me someday though, as there is just too much variety for me to conquer on my own. From juice & coffee to sammys & salad, Medina is a one-stop lunchathon.

Lunch!

7 comments:

eLs said...

WHAT IS SWEET POTATO BISQUE?

CaseyMustPie said...

I think that's pretty self-explanatory.

CaseyMustPie said...

Bisque is a thick, creamy, highly-seasoned soup of French origin, classically of puréed crustaceans.[1] It can be made from lobster, crab, shrimp or crayfish. Also, creamy soups made from vegetables instead of seafood are sometimes called bisques.

mwr said...

oh my god how much is it? If it's fast I can TOTALLY do it!!!!!

CaseyMustPie said...

it's $5 for the medium soup cup size, and it's as fast as you can point at and the guy can ladle it out. and then there is coffee right there!

eLs said...

Thanks Casey. I respond well to definitions.

eLs said...

Also, since I can't comment on the blog as a whole entity, I am LOVING the new look! I'm no longer distressed by the change, K.